Monday, September 21, 2015

Classroom Decor Part 1

As I mentioned last time, I've been through a whirlwind and haven't posted much.  Well, part of that whirlwind has to do with a job change.  I'm so very happy to say that I am the new psychology and sociology teacher at a local high school.  It is the best job & words cannot express how much I love it.  With my new job, came my new classroom.  A classroom I only have to share for 1 period.  So, you know I had to craft it up! 

Here is the first project I did for my room.  I saw something similar at a craft store that I like to frequent and get ideas.  In fact, every time I go in there, I take about a dozen pictures of things I'd like to make.  Well, this is one of those items that I just couldn't pay $30 for when I knew I could make it myself and make it 'mine.'  At the time, I didn't have my watercolors yet, so I used the Watercolor Pencils (3505) and the Blending Pen (3174).  I colored a 12x12 piece of White Daisy Cardstock (1385) with a blue'ish colored pencil and then blended it with water.



Next, I cut out the W from a retired piece of 12x12 cardstock from Close To My Heart.  The roses are cut from Honey cardstock (X5668) using the Art Philosophy Cricut Collection (Z3171).  I added some retired bling flourishes.


I was able to get a 50% discount on the frame at the craft store, so of course I bought it.  It's a shadow box frame, and I really liked it.  And, since I wanted the turquoise, grey, and yellow colors in my room, it was perfect!


So, as you can see, for only $10 for a frame and items I currently had, I was able to make an adorable monogram for my classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment